Indeed, the Grands Jours de Bourgogne event, held every two years in the heart of the Bourgogne winegrowing region, is unique in that it is not actively looking to increase the number of visitors. To preserve the quality of how guests are received, and to be able to offer tastings to key players in the industry, the organizers limit the number of accreditations available, preferring to rely on the number of new faces each year as a gauge of its success.
Wine buyers and market influencers came from around the world to discover the 2016 vintage and to meet growers and négociants. Some 57% of attendees were foreign visitors, representing 50 countries. The five leading nationalities were American, Italian, Belgian, Chinese and German. The remaining 43% of visitors were French.
Concerning professional activities, the event attracted importers (30%), specialist wine store representatives (21%), restaurateurs and sales agents (9%), and sommeliers (7%). Journalists accounted for 7% of visitors.
Visitors and exhibitors agreed on the quality of this edition: “Everything is done to enable visitors to discover the unique character of the Bourgogne region and its many terroirs.”
We look forward to seeing you in March 2020 for the 15th edition of the Grands Jours de Bourgogne!